I thought I would do something a little differently today. I have been watching numerous videos on YouTube since I started working at my job. It was never a problem until about 3 months ago when I realized something slightly embarrassing... I am way too emotional. People have always told me that my empathy towards other is my best and worst quality. Let me tell you... after the past 3 or so months, I've realized they are right.

Here's an example: I am the Meeting Services Coordinator for a private equity firm in Boston. My daily duties consist of answering phones, expense reports, organizing and planning all internal meetings and of course greeting guests and providing customer service. Normally, my days are pretty standard and often times a little boring. Thus, why I started searching the internet for entertainment. Well, what I quickly learned was that if I watch even a remotely emotional video, you can forget any sense of composure, I'm crying. That is not an exaggeration, My friend and co-worker, Jenna, literally turned to me and said, "Kayte. Pull yourself together, we have a VIP meeting coming in 5 mins." She was right, the tears and mascara streaming down my face, while sitting at the front desk of the office, was certainly not a good look. 

Regardless, I still watch these videos. I CAN'T HELP IT OKAY?! I'M JUST TRAPPED IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION, ALL THE TIME! So in honor of what has to be my raging hormones and overactive tear ducts, I give you a really awesome, feel good, cry at the front desk video to take you into the weekend. You're welcome.



( Watch it in privacy if you have that luxury. I guarantee at least watery eyes. )

xoxo

Related Posts

0 comments