dots 4




I'll be honest with you, I've never really been a fan of mixing and matching similar patterns. Stripes and flowers? Sure. But never have I ever been drawn to same patterns with different colors. However, I believe that there is always an exception to every rule. Thus, I give you my early Fall look, inspired by polka dots.

I chose to focus this outfit around these amazing Dolce & Gabana pants. I think that they're fun and just whimsical enough to make people smile (without looking tacky). By pairing these pants with a solid black shirt, I was able to balance out the look while also making the outfit seems more seasonally appropriate. Now for the risk... I picked these Oscar de la Renta polka dot shoes because of two things: 1) The classic lines and neutral colors make them perfect for Fall, and 2) Because the colors tie in with the white of the pants and the black of the shirt, the matching polka dot pattern isn't overwhelming. The actual dots are also similar enough in size that they eye isn't confused but instead sees the outfit as a more streamlined look.

I finished this look off with minimal jewelry: a simple statement necklace and small earrings do the trick (added the diamond ring because we all know diamonds are a girl's best friend). Make sure you have a great tote bag for weekend shopping and you're good to go!

What do you think about mixing patterns like this? Is this something you would try or is it a little too bold? I would love to know what you think! xoxo

Tagged as

Related Posts

0 comments