Who doesn't love a romantic, picnic dinner on a dock overlooking the Charles River during sunset? I certainly do and I'd say I'm a pretty lucky girl! Last night, Drew and I walked down to a dock that sits along the edge of the Charles running path for a sunset meal and weeknight wine. Below are snapshots from the evening as well as suggestions for you all to use on your own picnic!
 Sunglasses are a must, especially at dusk. We both made the mistake of leaving ours at the apartment and my squinty eyes had definitely gotten a little tired by the time we arrived at the dock.
 We started off the meal with fresh tomatoes, spinach (great substitute for basil!) and Rachel Ray's balsamic drizzle. Typically I choose the normal balsamic vinaigrette because it's less calories and a little lighter. However, the drizzle was delicious and totally worth the splurge.
 Bruschetta and prosciutto (among other meats) were best on top of gourmet wheat bread and with cheese. I would recommend buying a loaf that you can slice yourself. It's easier, more fun, and you can control the portion size.

 Finally the sun went down and we continued to enjoy ourselves with Montebuena red wine. It was a nice compliment to our food and the twist off cap allowed us to forgo toting around a wine key.

 Mid-pour on the dock :) Look at that amazing spread of food we brought- still drooling thinking about it!
All in all, it was the perfect evening. I mean look at this sunset? Can you beat this? Summer in Boston really is fantastic. I'd love to hear your stories about your own picnics! Where did you go and what/who did you bring along? xoxo

(Outfit by J.Crew- Shirt, Shorts, Necklace)

Tagged as

Related Posts

0 comments