I've known Keelan Donovan for years now. We met through friends in high school, but it wasn’t until we were in college that I discovered his amazing talent. “I like to make people dance,” reads Keelan’s Facebook tagline, and dance we do. The infectious songs that Keelan creates not only have great lyrics, but they will also have you grooving and smiling until your cheeks hurt. It’s no surprise that Keelan has been growing his fan base so quickly either. His personality and demeanor are just as appealing as his music- you truly can’t find a more genuine person than Keelan.


You can learn more about his upbringing in Maine and his musical influences here (think The Avett Brothers and Jason Mraz) but I was able to catch up with Keelan last week and I asked him a few questions about his music:

So when did you decide to pursue music so seriously and why did you choose to take the leap when you did?

I just love making music. It’s who I am and it makes me feel great. I’ve always known that I wanted to pursue a career. The reason why I chose to move to Nashville when I did is simple. I will always love my home in Maine and the people at Orono [where I attended college], but there are so many connections in Nashville. The people are nice, the music is amazing and everybody knows someone in the business. It’s been a great experience so far! 

That does sound really great! It must be so different for you now performing in front of larger crowds. What was your first show like? I’m sure you have some stories.

*laughs* Well… For Mr. CHS (Cheverus High School’s school-wide variety show) I peed my pants. Yeah… so it was my first performance ever. I was definitely nervous about playing for my friends and teachers for the first time. That’s not why I peed my pants though. That part was a joke but I actually did make myself pee on stage. Definitely added to the show, that’s for sure.

Wow. That was totally unexpected and absolutely the best answer you could have given! The last question I’ll ask is what everyone is dying to know: What is up next for Keelan Donovan? I know you just wrapped up a tour but can we expect any new music soon?

Actually it’s funny you ask because I’m launching a kickstarter campaign to help me record a new album! It’s a cool concept; its main focus is to involve my fans in a fundraising campaign. If they donate a certain amount of money, they get something in return. The amounts range from a few dollars all the way up to $2500. If you donate the top amount you win tickets to all of my shows for the next 15 years. I’m so excited to be able to do something like this and I can’t wait to start recording new music!  



There you have it people! Now get up and get donating! I promise you that you won’t regret it. In the meantime you really need to visit these links below to see Keelan in action. His music is guaranteed to make it onto your next playlist. 



Related Posts

0 comments