fashion books


As I mentioned in my Snow Day Essentials post, it is absolutely necessary to have a few good books on hand for days like today (it's really snowing in Boston!). If you are especially interested in the history of fashion and want to gain more inspiration from non-blog sources, these books are great staples to add to your collection.

First up is Alexa Chung's book IT. I first became inspired by Alexa when her tv show aired in 2009 on MTV. Her effortlessly cool style and spunky personality really contributed to my own sense of style. I just love her. Up until now, I have only been skimming this book at Anthropologie whenever I go shopping. However, today I finally pulled the trigger and bought my own copy on Amazon. I can't wait to read it cover to cover!

Next on my list of must-haves is I Love Your Style by Amanda Brooks. I initially came across this book while reading a J.Crew style guide a few years ago. Since then, I have read it a million times and continue to reference it for inspiration. In fact, it was instrumental in my soul-searching before starting this blog. Even now, when I'm having days void of creativity, I'll flip through the pages of this book and become reinvigorated. I highly recommend it. 

Lastly is The Impossible Collection of Fashion published by Assouline Publishing. Assouline Publishing produces some of the most beautiful books I have ever seen. Gorgeous pictures, vibrant colors, and interesting facts make up most of their "coffee table books." This particular book is extremely expensive and is certainly an heirloom to be coveted. I can only hope to one day have my own copy, but until then I'll just lust form afar. 

Happy Snow Day to all who are stuck inside! I hope that you're enjoying a cozy read by a fire place (or at least sitting by a heater while you work from home). 


Related Posts

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with you on Alexa. I just bought her book myself and read it in 2 sittings, although if it hadn't have been so late it would have definitely been just 1. Quick read but she was surprisingly funny and likable and I think she conveyed just what she wanted to - I feel like we all now want to be her friend. At least I do!
    Casey
    ImperfectWonder.com

    ReplyDelete